And what exactly is that work?
I'm glad you asked.
THERE is an award-winning creative agency that sits at the intersection between graphic design, wayfinding and architecture.
We harness the power of place to create the world’s best brand-led environments and experiences - and we do it for companies like Google, Facebook, Westpac, Commonwealth Bank and the BBC.
Business Development Manager role description:
What we're looking for:
• A self-starter, adept at identifying new business opportunities within our areas of specialisation (Experiential Graphic Design and Wayfinding), contacting and following up new leads, arranging meetings with company directors and monitoring and reporting new business efforts.
• Someone who is driven, smart and strategic in your approach, playing an active role in growing the business in the short, mid and long term.
What you’ll be doing from day one.
– Establish weekly, monthly and quarterly new business priorities based on direction from the company business plan
– Identify new prospects based on industry developments, trends, as well as strategic and tactical opportunities
– Identify prospects through existing business relationships and past and current clients
– Manage existing prospects through the company CRM software
– Develop and manage business development processes and tools
– Send adequate emails and make calls to achieve activity and customer acquisition targets
– Set new business meetings with key decision makers with the aim to wheel in the design experts to close
– Research opportunities and take part in new business meetings
– Follow up new business meetings with relevant information
– Manage, prioritise and maintain new business relationships
– Stay in touch with industry trends, competitor and client activities
– Monitor, document and report business development results on a weekly basis
– Manage e-newsletter, website updates and other marketing initiatives
– Run fortnightly BDM mtgs
What you’ll be doing mid-term.
– Self-sufficiently represent THERE in new business meetings assessing if it’s the right fit
– Participate in the preparation of creds pitches, RFTs and comprehensive proposals
– Identify and pursue new revenue streams for the business
– Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to the management team for mid and long term business growth and development
– Develop a relevant understanding of the industry and the qualities and characteristics that set THERE apart from its competitors
What’s in it for you
– You will be working with the best. THERE is a highly-awarded, global Branding and experiential graphics agency
– You will be part of a thriving company with a progressive and ambitious vision
– You will be working out of a great creative humming warehouse
– You will have a career with a mid and long-term development plan
– You will have full support including existing systems, training and professional development
– You will get paid well, with an attractive incentive structure to reflect your performance
Main working relationships
– You will report to the Managing Director, working closely with the other directors of the company
– You will have initial client / prospect contact, which you will hand over to one of the directors as projects progress
Working at THERE
At THERE we create the world’s best brand-led places and experiences – places that people love. We believe in the harnessing Power of Place - how creatively enriched places have the power to drive emotional connection and positively affect the way people live, work and play.
We believe truly engaging environments inspire those who experience them, and create more meaningful connections between people and place.
From residential to corporate workplace, hospitality and public domain – our graphic work communicates stories, activates spaces and orientates places.
THERE thrives on diversity of character and we encourage everyone to build on their personal strengths and skills, but we have 4 key qualities that we value as a business above all. They help govern and guide each of us on how we think, act, work and communicate with colleagues, clients and supplier partners.
If this sounds like you…
If winning large scale creative projects and watching them come to life sounds like an exciting career, then we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter with the subject line 'BDM2019’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org